Monday, August 18, 2008

Stuck in Another airport

So here I am in another airport. I should have been in the air right now on my way from San Francisco to JFK but once again, not my best luck. There was a lot of fog in San Francisco so all the flights were grounded there. Because of that, I would have missed my connection to JFK. SOOO they switched me to fly to Laguardia and connect in Denver. My flight left for Denver 2 hours later than I should have landed in California, so I had to wait in the airport from 8-11. It's 2 Mountain Time now and my flight leaves at 5ish, three more hours of waiting in an airport. Luckily both Reno and Denver have free internet access! Denver is quite possibly the slowest internet I've ever experienced but internet is internet and I can at least stay amused. 

On a lighter note, my trip out west was FABULOUS. Not going to lie, I was a bit put off when I first landed in Reno because of all the brown and the lack of trees, but I fell in love with it while I was there. We drove to San Francisco with Kim and went to In and Out! Our first night in California we went out to dinner with the gang: Roxanne, Elizabeth, Kate, Moony, Grant, and Tom. We went out for hookah after and got Sex on the Beach and Pomegranate. I would never be a smoker but I love hookah so much, probably not a habit I should continue. While we were there we went to Crissy Field (my field!!) and I took a ballet class in the city with Moony. I also went up to Hillsburough with Tom. We went out to lunch in San Mateo and I saw Malia, form camp,  in Palo Alto. I experienced so much of California while we were there, so fabulous. 
Back in Reno Kate and I went tubing down the Truckee River, swimming and kayaking at Tahoe, visited caisnos, and went to an all you can eat buffet! The West is so beautiful, I love the mountains and the views. Lake Tahoe is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, the water is so clear. I can't wait to go back in the Winter!!

No comments: